Thursday, June 09, 2005

Howard Dean - Lightning Rod!!

I know, I've gotten lazy again, overcome, as it were, by the incredibly debilitating feeling of helplessness one gets these days, and just when you think none of the scant criticism of the theocratic Repugs is going to get any traction, along comes Howard Dean, God bless him.

Believe me, I'm quite aware of the self-flagellation going on among the Democratic leadership, scared to death they might look like they actually have a low opinion of Republicans in general, when I sure as hell do, and wish they did too, so imagine my delight when I read one of my favorite angry voices today, the Rude Pundit (www.rudepundit.blogspot.com), who I'll quote below with great relief, and absolute agreement...

"Howard Dean will fuck your shit up. Stand that motherfucker up at the gates of hell. Let that son of a bitch loose in the dainty Democratic china shop and let's break some fuckin' dishes. Howard Dean knows the score, man; he knows that the faithful, those who actually believe that the fight is not the path to surrender, want a spokesperson who's willing to pick up the unpinned grenade that just landed near him and shove it up the ass of the enemy who tossed it. Goddamn, it would have been magnificent to have seen him debate the President. On stage, Bush would have been begging for the privilege to lick the sweat off Dean's balls.

"Challenged on the Today show yesterday by Matt 'Behold My Stubbly Mane That Indicates I Am a Grown-Up' Lauer, Dean picked up Lauer, slammed him on the faux marble coffee table and whispered, calmly, in Lauer's ear that Democrats are tired of being the bottoms of the political fuck machine. He said, 'They have the agenda of the conservative Christians...the Republicans don't include people. Look, they are outside the mainstream.' And Dean wasn't afraid to invoke truly inclusive Democratic ideas: 'They have used words like quota to try to separate black from white Americans. They did scapegoat gay Americans by putting an anti-gay amendment on it--in 11 states where gay marriage is already against the law. And they are attacking immigrants. Two--two Republican congressmen, Jim Sensenbrenner and Tom Tancredo, have incredible anti-immigrant legislation. This is not the way America needs to be.' Calling out motherfuckers for fucking their mothers is as brutally truthful as politics gets."

I thought I knew what we were getting with Howard Dean, and thank goodness, turns out I was right. Why speak softly and carry a big stick. Doesn't work as well as speaking LOUD, and carrying a BIGGER stick, and then not being afraid to use it.

Kudos to Howard Dean. That's my chairman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home